So OK I hear you saying…..gross!!!!
But I can tell you something, after a few weeks on rations, when you realize just how little fat is in your diet from cheese & butter (rationed) and of course no longer able to consume potato chips or high fat snacks, dripping soon becomes a tasty and desirable addition to your diet..
A little dripping mixed in with those boiled veggies or a blob smeared and melted into your baked potato livens up those blander dinners at the end of the week when rations are running low.
How to collect dripping
- Bacon dripping is the best
- Fry bacon in pan until slightly crisp
- Remove bacon
- Pour left over fat into heatproof bowl (strain if you wish)
- Place somewhere cool like in your fridge where it will harden
- Use like butter for cooking or smearing on hot foods
I know it doesn’t seem possible that you can have dripping in your diet and lose weight but it’s true!