These were so delicious and perfect to serve with some veggies and gravy (and meat if you are not a vegetarian)..
- 4 tablespoons (6 tablespoons in the US) of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 tablespoons in the US) margarine or cooking fat
- 4 tablespoons (6 tablespoons in the US) of mashed potatoes (drained and then mashed with nothing added although leftover mash would work too)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and rub in the margarine.
- Add the mashed potato until light and creamy
- Mix together to form a soft dough (add a little milk if needs be)
- Press out into a round and slice into 6
- Brush the top with milk
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown