This was nice today for my dinner. I served it on a bed of spinach as I love my greens! I used the leftover cheese sauce I made last week and being vegan I used a dairy free cheese..
Cheese, tomato and potato loaf
- 1 lb (450g) cooked new potatoes
- 12 oz (350g) tomatoes
- Cheese sauce (click here for recipe)
- A little grated cheese (Daiya is a great vegan alternative here in Canada as it melts and tastes good!)
- Cut potatoes into slices about 1/4 inch thick
- Cut the tomatoes into slightly thicker slices
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin or an deep pie dish
- Pre-heat oven to 180c (350F)
- Arrange a third of the potatoes in a neat layer in the dish and cover with some of the cheese sauce and then half the tomatoes
- Put in half the remaining potatoes with the rest of the sauce and tomatoes and finally cover with the rest of the potato slices
- Season, add onion slices, dried herbs and a little grated cheese
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes
- Uncover and cook for 15 minutes until brownedServes 4
Wow… that would make a nice meal on its own… as well as a gret side!
Potatoes, tomatoes and cheese? Sold! I have half a pack of Daiya cheddar style in my fridge calling out for this.