Sorry for the delay! Here it is finally and it was yummy! Not quite the same without fresh cream but still delicious. I will be making this again!
- 8 oz of self-raising flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder (or plain flour with 4 teaspoons of baking powder)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 oz cooking fat (or margarine)
- 2 dessertspoons of sugar (2 tablespoons in the US)
- water to mix
Filling and topping
- 1/2 pint of thick fruit puree (think blackberries or raspberries-yum!)
- mock cream
- whole fruit like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (whatever is in season)
- Sift the baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Rub in the fat to resemble breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar
- Mix to a rolling consistency with cold water
- Roll out the pastry into two 7 inch rounds
- Put on lightly greased baking trays and bake near the top of a hot oven for 15 mins
- Cool down completely then sandwich with the fruit puree and mock cream (all or some)
- Top with sliced fresh fruit and the remaining cream if you want.
- Serve right away!
This looks delicious! Did your mick cream recipe end up working out?
Hi Carolyn, I’ve been visiting your blog for a few weeks now (and also Rationing revisited) and I was wondering how you worked out the points ration? I’ve looked at few sites and some say that 16 points got one canned item and some say that things had different points value. I’m confused! 🙂
Yummy, shall try this for Sunday tea.
No the third recipe for mock cream didn’t so in the end used mock cream recipe 2 but ground the sugar in my pestle and mortar even finer- it ended up being sweet and cream looking like so did the trick..
Jan- go for real cream though- it would have been awesome with real cream LOL! My mock cream worked well and because I’m on rations and a vegan went with that but I’d be a liar if I said mock cream was just as nice 🙂