I’ve been a pig tonight… I have made a recipe that feeds two and ate it all myself. Luckily the ingredients would have been readily available and are not on ration.
I couldn’t help myself… it was sooooo delicious!
- 4 med/large potatoes (diced)
- 2 med/large carrots (diced small)
- a little margarine or butter (I used my vegan spread which is a margarine made from soy)
- thyme and parsley (I just used dried herbs)
- plenty of salt and pepper
- a little butter or oil for frying (or brush with butter or margarine and put under grill)
- Whip mashed potato to a soft creamy consistency
- Season well with plenty of pepper and salt and add some diced cooked carrots (I boiled and mashed them up together!)
- Shape the potato into a pancake shape ( 1/2 inch thick)
- Pan fry in just a little fat so it develops a deliciously crisp crust.
- It can be cooked in the oven to a good brown if preferred. (just brush pancakes with some melted margarine or butter first)
Note: I finished mine off under the grill (broiler)
Makes 2-4 depending on size of pancake