It’s been a while since I uploaded some recipes- I have loads on my camera but here is one I made today (and yes I am acutely aware they do resemble weathered mammaries- this was my first attempt and I do believe I went slightly wrong – heehee)
The reason I am posting this is because one of my blog readers, Louise, was so very kind and sent me the most amazing and cool gifts as way of saying thank you for the recipes. One of the gifts was an old McDougalls Cookery Booklet and this is where this recipe came from!
Dear Louise- see how excited I got when I put the gloves on and sniffed the handbag
I will take photos of my gifts and share them with you tomorrow as they are so awesome!
Small Cottage Tea Loaves
- 1 lb of McDougalls self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/2 oz of butter or margarine
- 1/2 pint of milk and water mixed (I used non-GMO soy milk)
- Put the flour and salt in a basin and rub in the butter or margarine and mix to a soft dough with the milk/water.
- Divide into six pieces and roll each piece into a large and a small ball
- Place the large ball on a greased baking sheet, make a hole in the centre, damp it and put the small ball into it and then press together with your thumb
- Bake in a moderate oven (about 180) for 25 minutes.
I love the handbag. It reminds me of a lady we used to know in the seventies. Her name was Mrs. Wright and she was my adopted Nana.
Ahahaha! You do make me laugh you mad person 😂
I am so pleased you like everything , now you need a hat!
Those booby buns look interesting …lol!
They look good to me, so does the outfit.