Eight days and 8 recipes to go until the war is over! Final weigh-in day is October 1st and although I know I haven’t lost the hoped for 100 lb weight loss in one year without dieting, I know it’s still coming off slowly and I’m looking forward to seeing what the scales finally say..
The rolled oat macaroons were really tasty and I ate way to many of them yesterday. Sweet and crunchy…
They are very simple to make
Rolled oat macaroons
- 3 oz margarine
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 oz self raising flour (or plain with 1 teaspoon of baking powder added)
- 4 oz rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 2 dessertspoons of golden syrup (corn syrup or maple syrup would work too)…A dessertspoon (UK) is a tablespoon in N America
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, syrup and almond essence together.
- Sift the flour (and baking powder) and add to the mixture with the rolled oats
- Mix thoroughly, if the mixture is too dry add a little milk just to bind the mixture together
- Roll into 12-16 balls and put on a greased baking tray or lay on parchment paper leaving some space for spreading
- Bake for 15-20 minute at 180C until golden brown
- Cool on baking tray before removing