Eight days and 8 recipes to go until the war is over! Final weigh-in day is October 1st and although I know I haven’t lost the hoped for 100 lb weight loss in one year without dieting, I know it’s still coming off slowly and I’m looking forward to seeing what the scales finally say..
The rolled oat macaroons were really tasty and I ate way to many of them yesterday. Sweet and crunchy…
They are very simple to make
Rolled oat macaroons
- 3 oz margarine
- 2 oz sugar
- 4 oz self raising flour (or plain with 1 teaspoon of baking powder added)
- 4 oz rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 2 dessertspoons of golden syrup (corn syrup or maple syrup would work too)…A dessertspoon (UK) is a tablespoon in N America
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, syrup and almond essence together.
- Sift the flour (and baking powder) and add to the mixture with the rolled oats
- Mix thoroughly, if the mixture is too dry add a little milk just to bind the mixture together
- Roll into 12-16 balls and put on a greased baking tray or lay on parchment paper leaving some space for spreading
- Bake for 15-20 minute at 180C until golden brown
- Cool on baking tray before removing
Wow, these look good! I’ll make a batch for my school snacks for this week. You are such an inspiration to me, Carolyn. Yesterday I made Woolton Pie, using the potato scone recipe you posted. I didn’t make individual pies, but put half the dough into the bottom of my pan, popped in the filling (precooked veggie medley with some chopped chicken), and put the rest of the dough on top and baked it that way – school lunches for the week.
Ooooo that sounds delicious done that way!! I maybe vegan but I can appreciate the taste of meat in dishes, you don’t need much of it to improve the flavour. Thanks for your kind words… you inspire me with how organized you are!! xxxx
Defnitely going to have to give these a try! I love oatmeal cookies! 🙂
I think you’ll like them… I did too much and ate most of them 😦
I made some yesterday… and ate far, far too many. GREAT recipe. I was going to send it in for the Victory Party…. but there’s not enough left to take a picture of. I’ll have to make more. How sad…. 😉
How much is a dessertspoon (in terms of N. American teaspoons/tablespoons)?
A dessertspoon (UK) is a tablespoon in N America. xxx