Sorry for the delay! Here it is finally and it was yummy! Not quite the same without fresh cream but still delicious. I will be making this again!
- 8 oz of self-raising flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder (or plain flour with 4 teaspoons of baking powder)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 oz cooking fat (or margarine)
- 2 dessertspoons of sugar (2 tablespoons in the US)
- water to mix
Filling and topping
- 1/2 pint of thick fruit puree (think blackberries or raspberries-yum!)
- mock cream
- whole fruit like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (whatever is in season)
- Sift the baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Rub in the fat to resemble breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar
- Mix to a rolling consistency with cold water
- Roll out the pastry into two 7 inch rounds
- Put on lightly greased baking trays and bake near the top of a hot oven for 15 mins
- Cool down completely then sandwich with the fruit puree and mock cream (all or some)
- Top with sliced fresh fruit and the remaining cream if you want.
- Serve right away!